What is matcha.lab's stance on privacy?
matcha.lab respects and actively protects your online privacy. Your private details will remain just that - private. The following Privacy Statement sets out the different types of information we collect, why we collect it and what you can do if you would like to remove yourself from a mailing list or change any details we may hold. If you need to contact us to discuss any of the below, please use our online contact form.
What information does matcha.lab collect?
We will generally only use the information that you provide us with for the primary purpose it was provided for. There are a number of different types of information that matcha.lab may collect when you visit our site or transact with us and they are outlined below.
If you sign up as a member, we will collect your name, country of origin, and email address. If you elect to receive our newsletter, your email address will be added to our mailing list. We will only use your e-mail address for that purpose, you will not be put on the mailing lists of any third parties, and neither your email address nor your name or country will not be divulged to anyone else. We will only use these details to post to you about new developments, products, news and events. Removing yourself from the mailing list will also be easy - just click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any of our emails.
Order information such as your name, billing address, delivery address, email address and phone number are collected at the time you place your order and are necessary to effect delivery of the products that you order, and to contact you in regard to your order if necessary. These details are retained in our database for record keeping purposes.
If you elect to pay online using your credit card, your card details are not viewed by us or by any person except you, at any time during the transaction. These details are necessary to process your order using this payment process. They are encrypted and passed directly to the Bank through our payment provider Stripe. We do not retain your credit card details.
Any other information you provide at the checkout, such as comments or survey responses, is used to better plan future items to add and developments for the web site.
General site traffic data is also collected for the purpose of site maintenance and improvement and provides information about which and how often certain pages are viewed. This helps us to understand what sorts of products our customers are interested in, and alerts us to any areas of the site that may be difficult to navigate.
Product Returns: If you return a used item to us (for reason of allergy or other reaction), we may pass your name and contact information to the relevant manufacturer, so that they can contact you if need be to ascertain more information about any problems you experienced with the product.
Promotional Communications: as part of our promotional, educational and remarketing campaigns, we may contact you using the email address you have provided. If you prefer not to hear from us, please click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email and you will be removed from any future communications.
Why does matcha.lab collect this information?
matcha.lab collects this information to:
- provide you with information that you have requested
- promote our goods and services
- provide you with goods that you have ordered and provide customer service following these orders
- improve the website experience of our visitors
- comply with our legal obligations
We may disclose your information to companies that provide the following services:
- customer segmentation, remarketing and retention
- email marketing
- website marketing
- surveys, events and promotions
- website development
How do we hold your information?
We hold your information in electronic form and take all reasonable steps to ensure it is secure and safe from unauthorised access. When your information is no longer required it is destroyed in a secure manner.
How can I access information held about myself?
If you would like to find out what information we have about you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide this information to you in a reasonable timeframe.
What about links to other sites?
The matcha.lab site will from time to time contain hyperlinks to other sites both in Australia and abroad. Adore Beauty cannot be responsible for the data protection and privacy practices of these sites. We urge users to take time to examine individual privacy policies and guidelines on other sites.
What are Cookies and what are they used for?
Cookies are files which can be placed onto your computer's hard drive, once permission has been given. There are numerous benefits to having cookies placed on your hard drive. If you have accepted, cookies are used to identify when you visit a particular site, as well as analyse web traffic. Cookies also facilitate a more personal web experience, allowing web applications to gather information about your personal preferences, and respond to you as an individual.
Please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org for more information on cookies.
At adorebeauty.com.au, traffic log cookies are used to identify the pages that are being used. From the data provided by these cookies, we can analyse web page traffic and tailor our website to our customer's needs. This information is only used for the purpose of statistical analysis.
This website uses the following cookies:
- Google Analytics: This cookie allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to page views, source and time spent on website. The information is depersonalised and is displayed as numbers, meaning it cannot be tracked back to individuals. This will help to protect your privacy. Using Google Analytics we can see what content is popular on our website, and strive to give you more of the things you enjoy reading and watching.
- Google AdWords: Using Google AdWords code we are able to see which pages helped lead to contact form submissions. This allows us to make better use of our paid search budget.
- DoubleClick: We use remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages, allowing us to provide targeted advertising in the future.You can manage/ opt out here:http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html
- AdRoll: We use retargeting codes to log when users view specific pages, allowing us to provide targeted advertising in the future.You can manage your preference/ opt-out here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Please see this guide for details on how to turn off/ manage your cookies:
- Internet Explorer - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955Mozilla
- Firefox - http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookiesGoogle
- Chrome - http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?answer=95647
- Safari - http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html